Friday 14 April 2017

A Preamble - Lessons Learnt in Leadership

Lessons Learnt In Leadership 
My career started 32 years ago, on April 15, 1985, to be precise. Each year, I look back at the years gone by, the experience accumulated, the knowledge gained – and very importantly, the people I have met, worked with and have inspired me.
It is truly a humbling experience to think back and reflect on all those wonderful individuals who had such an influence in my life, in my thinking and in my own leadership journey. Never will I be able to repay that debt – but I can certainly acknowledge the contributions they have made to what I am today and influence my thinking, attitude and practices today. This blog is a small attempt of mine to pay tribute to all those from whom I have learnt invaluable lessons. And by writing them down, I am reliving those moments when what they said or did was embedded in my own consciousness, which I bring to the fore when I need it.
It was John F Kennedy who once said : "Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other". I cannot agree more with that. With every single step that I have made on my leadership journey, I have realised how much more there is to learn. And given the privilege that I have had to learn, I wish to share that more widely.
I have named my blog 'The Triple L' - the 'triple l' being 'lessons learnt in leadership'. That is an ongoing journey, and the journey continues ! 
I hope you as the reader will find this useful. I will immensely appreciate if you can find a bit of time to read, comment and share if you think this is indeed of some value !
Thank you – and may your leadership journey be enriched with learning ! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Girish. Look forward to reading your lessons - be particularly interested in any thinking about how to challenge status quo/norms in an organisation. Thanks, Ross Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Miriam Solomon, ActionAid, Bangalore

    ReplyDelete